Thursday, January 10, 2008

BCS postseason thoughts:


  1. They need a playoff. For once, I will support something that comes out of Georgia. Hours after LSU lifted their 2nd BCS title trophy, UGA proposed a system that would have an 8 team playoff. I like this idea only because the BCS produces some of the most lopsided games this season. OSU got blown out, but managed to salvage some pride in the final seconds to LSU. Illinois shouldn’t have even been a BCS team, getting destroyed by USC. Same thing to Hawaii who was handled by UGA. While I do agree with this, I am even more excited with the prospect of more college football. J
  2. Michigan will not be the same team next year, by any stretch of the imagination. Star Running back, O-Lineman, OLB, two wide outs, graduating senior QB Chad Henne, and the transfer of QB to be Ryan Mallett (6’7” Blue Chipper who’s leaving for Tennessee) Rich Rodriguez doesn’t have a QB yet for this new spread system that he will implement there, but look for him to push for Terrelle Pryor, a 6’6” 235 5 star recruit. In my degenerate gambler phase, I tried to put money on his team in the Army All American HS football game, which he won, but alas, the website I bet on didn’t have that.
  3. Pete Carroll will not leave USC. Another website I check has him staying/leaving at 90/10. I think it’s less than that. Still, if Carroll does vie a move for the NFL look for him to want full control over a contender (Skins) as opposed to a complete rebuild at Atlanta. In all I think its all a bunch of overhyped speculation. Who would want to leave USC? You have a consistent talent class that is among the top in the nation. You’re in beautiful Southern California. You are the winningest football coach in college right now. Stay there Pete, bring Ole’ SC a few more championships before you reconsider the pros.
  4. The Big 10 is overrated and will probably stay that way. Also OSU fans are among the most unbearable on the planet. I’ve spent time in Ohio (not even around Columbus) and though devout conservative Christians, these people would swear Jesus wore a sweater vest. Also there’s this guy. ‘nuff said.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger