Thursday, January 10, 2008

Letsgotosmokes, The league, Update part II

In case you missed the introduction to our Fantasy League you can find that article here.

2008 opened with a BANG. 2008 the year of FUN and it started off excellently.

January 1, 2008: I woke up at 3 am in the home of Prolific, texted an assortment of people on the west coast and got ready to begin the trip. We would spend the entire day traveling to Richmond and miss the entire day of bowl games (Fight on!). Prior to heading out, I went online to check out the fantasy results of the past week. If you remember a while back when I wrote the first article on the league I was in last place and was in the process of being beaten badly. Two weeks in and all looked lost for War KG.

12th out of 12 players, terrible!

This bright dawn I checked out the rankings and War KG had risen to 1st Place! I couldn’t believe how the tables had turned; I promptly wrote a taunting message on the message board and proceed on with the trip.

Flashback to San Francisco and Orange County,

If you remember my initial article on the league I had not met a couple of the players in our league. Double Deuce had invited me (Tuesday) to visit him in San Francisco and I gladly accepted. In San Francisco I did not know what to expect, but what I did not except was to meet, Meatspin and Benzo. If you remember Meatspin was my mortal enemy and my goal for this league was to make sure I beat his team (Currently War KG 1 Meatspin 0). He was a super nice guy and I decided that I would forgo my grudge and find some other motivation to dominate our league. Meeting Benzo was also a treat, he called me War KG the whole time (as I called meatspin, “meatspin”) and he constantly discussed fantasy and trades with me. He then invited me to his Christmas party in Orange County. The next week at his party, I was privileged enough to meet EMOB, who also turned out to be a nice guy. I was still lacking the required motivation/ nemesis to turn up my fantasy juices.

Currently the top 6 teams in the standings are,

Meatspin (Currently War KG 1 Meatspin 0)
Warriors (Jron) (Currently War KG 0 Warriors 1)
War KG
GreatBenzoGhost (Currently War KG 1 Benzo 0)
MasteroftheUniverse (JW) (Playing this week)
Renaldo for MVP (Currently War KG 1 Renaldo 0)

This is pretty consistent with what I expected, and I can’t wait until the playoffs. Wade and LO are back and my team has only lost once since they have been back. I was still looking for a nemesis until JW decided to blow up my gmail

His consistent trash talking inspired the following idea

My idea,

When I win this league I will go out of my way to buy a WWE championship belt. Hopefully I can engrave LetsgotoSmokes champ on it, and then I will force each and every member to buy me drinks all night if I wear it out with them.

So if you see me walking around with a LGTS League championship belt feel free to buy me a drink.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger