Wednesday, October 31, 2007

NBA PREVIEW Part I

Been slacking on the blog recently but I have a couple of post coming soon. Lucky for all of you, I am “that” guy and can whip out an NBA season preview in the matter of minutes. The NBA season is upon us suddenly and if you didn’t take time to prepare I can give you a quick update.

Top NBA Story lines (notice I didn’t say that I would choose 10, I think that is clichéd and it leads to writers and commentators reaching for additional story lines.)

K. O. B. E.

Let me throw this out there, Kobe WILL be traded. For who? For what? I think it is pretty obvious that Laker’s will not trade him within the conference unless they receive an offer they can not refuse (i.e. Amare and Nash for Kobe or Dirk and Josh Howard for Kobe). That brings us to the Eastern Conference. The team that has been garnering the most attention has been the Chicago Bulls (“Get a bulls jersey fellas”) and for good reason. It is one of the locations in which Kobe would approve a trade and also has the necessary cache of young talent and matching contracts. Well I can stop those thoughts right now that trade will not happen. First of all besides the fact that LA is not a Luol Deng city (insert Napoleon Dynamite “dang”). The two player’s that LA would need to get to approach fair value for Kobe, Deng and Ben Gordan have both refused 5 year $50 million dollar extensions within the last week. Why would the Laker’s trade for guys that they might not be able to keep? Also Chicago has a reluctance to include Deng in the deal which I for one am pretty confused by, Luol Deng or Kobe, Deng or Kobe. Tough Choice. I understand Deng has “TUP” and they are in love with his defense, “length” and “wingspan” but cmon. LA will not complete a trade with chicago with out Deng (insert Napoleon Dynamite “dang”).

If not Chicago then who? I didn’t think it could ever happen

The trade, Kobe to the pistons for Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Jason Maxiel and 2 first round draft picks. Why this will work. Kobe is sent out of the western conference and they Lakers are able to obtain some solid value for Bryant and get some young pieces. Think what you will but that’s just the way I see it. Issue number two of the NBA season will be discussed tomorrow.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger