Thursday, November 1, 2007

Rockie Fan v Eagles Fan

Sitting in the Denver bowling ally this past weekend I had a flashback to PHILLY. Home of SMOKES! The World Series had just ended and Rockie fan (my friends) had a split second of disgust and disappointment in their eyes. It reminded me of being in the sports bar in Philly when the Eagles had just lost the Super bowl because McNasty had managed the clock like a five year old learning how to tell time.

I flash backed to a time when that disgust permeated the whole city and collectively leads to an extreme ruckus: Kicking trashcans, fighting (retarded) Pats Fan in pats gear; getting arrested; walking home. The look in Rockie fan’s eye reminded me of something I had grown to forget in the land of the angel, passion. But then it disappeared as quickly as it came and Rockie fan went on with their day. “It’s alright they said, we didn’t even expect to get to the World Series anyways. Maybe next year”

WHHHAAAT!! Maybe this reaction was confined to my location on the 16th Street Mall; I had to get closer to the stadium. But alas, I passed hordes and hordes of Rockies fan and they all had the same look in their eyes. Content, the team had given its all and has exceeded expectation. It wasn’t the end of the world or nothing; Rockie fan was going to sleep well that night.

The rest of the trip provided strict contrast to everywhere I had ever been. JW ranted on womanese (he promised the blog is coming). I once again succeeded in surviving the experience of Illegal Pete's, a dude bought me a drink on a plane and I discussed the return of my blog brother.

Life is good in Denver Colorado.

Update: I spent Halloween weekend in Denver and I had the best costume ever! I was "chocolate face". Apparently they had never seen anything like that before and I won the costume contest for the most originality. I thought my costume was ok, but I really like the slut costume that most of the girls had on. Too bad it wasn't that original! Basically almost every girl had it on. Even though I had a "costume" and I approve of the common slut costume (only for girls) I still think that anyone over eight who dresses up is a loser and you can't tell me otherwise.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger